Clayton Valley High School is a 50+ year old facility which serves grades 9 through 12. The school is in Concord but also is the high school for the city of Clayton.
We have three academies on our campus:
Clayton Valley High School will provide an academic program in a humane environment which helps students:
- develop respect and appreciation for themselves and for others.
- grow into competent, confident, caring adults with a sense of responsibility to themselves and to society.
- each individual realize his/her potential to the fullest extent.
Clayton Valley prepares its students for the future by fostering independent, critical, creative, and ethical thinkers who can make choices, solve problems, prepare to become responsible citizens and make decisions about their futures in an educational environment characterized by student-centered learning, the use of advanced technology, and the expectation that every student can learn, succeed, and is valued.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Clayton Valley High School will prepare students to succeed in:
Education - as evidenced by:
- Passing the California High School Exit Exam at or above proficient
- Meeting or exceeding District and State standards
- Writing and speaking clearly and effectively
- Pursuing a rigorous, challenging, and enriching curricula
Their Personal Lives - as evidenced by:
- Setting and achieving goals
- Growing into lifelong learners
- Accepting responsibility for their actions
- Mastering and applying life skills
- Demonstrating confidence in and preparation for their future
The World - as evidenced by:
- Exhibiting positive citizenship at school and in the community
- Respecting diverse cultures, lifestyles, and ideas
- Collaborating in partnerships and groups
- Using technology effectively to complete assignments (e.g. creation, collaboration, inquiry, research, presentation, and evaluation)