STAR Testing Information
CVHS is aiming for an Academic Performace Index (API) of 800. This is heavily based on the STAR tests that are given in Spring. On the right of this page is a graph of our scores over the last five years, showing that we have made progress every year. Here are some links for more information about the STAR program and how the API is calculated:
- Guide for Parents/Guardians, Community and Educators
- California Department of Education STAR website
- Alternative Testing for Some Special Education Students CAPA CMA
- Education Testing Service - the company that produces the STAR
- Parent's Guide to the Academic Performance Index (API) and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) Reports (How the STAR scores are used in calculating our school score)
CLAYTON VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
EAGLE PRIDE OATH
On My Honor, I promise to uphold the ideals of the "Do the Right Thing" Character Initiative at Clayton Valley High School by:
• Taking RESPONSIBILITY for what I am supposed to do and being accountable for my choices.
• Having RESPECT for others.
• Showing KINDNESS to others and being forgiving.
• Developing SELF-DISCIPLINE by setting goals and working to achieve them.
• Building INTEGRITY by being reliable and doing what I say I’ll do.
• Displaying COURAGE by standing up for what is right, even if I stand alone.
I commit to keeping our campus safe, clean, and filled with School Spirit and Eagle Pride.